Frequently Asked Questions - Home Study
- WHEN CAN I EXPECT TO RECEIVE MY HOME STUDY PROGRAM?
- WHAT IS INCLUDED IN A HOME STUDY PROGRAM?
- CAN I SHARE MY HOME STUDY PROGRAM?
- HOW DO I SUBMIT MY CE TEST?
- HOW DO I GET ADDITIONAL CE TESTS?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SCORE MY CE TEST?
- WHAT SCORE DO I NEED TO PASS MY CE TEST?
- WHAT IF I DO NOT PASS MY CE TEST?
- HOW DO I OBTAIN MY CE CERTIFICATE?
- HOW DO I KNOW MY PAPER CE TEST HAS BEEN RECEIVED?
- HOW DO I DOWNLOAD A HS PROGRAM I HAVE PURCHASED?
- HOW DO I STREAM A HS PROGRAM I HAVE PURCHASED?
- HOW DO I TRANSFER MY DOWNLOAD HS FILES TO MY APPLE DEVICE?
- HOW DO I TRANSFER MY DOWNLOAD HS FILES TO MY ANDROID DEVICE?
- HOW DO I UNZIP A .ZIP FOLDER? (WINDOWS AND MAC)
Mailed CDs or Mailed DVDs are sent via USPS Priority Mail, and usually arrive in 2-3 business days.
Our Home Study Programs include the program, speaker handouts, and one CE test. Home Study Programs are available in 4 formats: Audio Download, Streaming Video, Mailed CDs, or Mailed DVDs
Yes, you can share your Home Study Program, however, in order for others to receive CE credits, each person must submit a CE test.
Additional CE tests can be purchased via our online store or by calling our office at 1-800-801-5415.
Tests you take on-line are scored immediately. We usually score CE tests that you mail, fax, or email to us within 24 hours of receipt. We then attempt to call you with the results before mailing you your certificate.
The minimum passing score is 75%.
If you do not pass with a minimum 75% score, we notify you via phone and email you a retest (there is a $10 retest fee). There is no time limit to submit a retest, but you can only take one retest per program. If you fail a retest you will not receive CE credit for that program.
- If you complete your CE test online, we will email you your certificate immediately.
- If you submit a hard copy of your test to us, we will contact you within one business day with your results. We will mail your certificate to you within 24 hours
- You may also request that we email a copy of your certificate to you right away.
When we receive your CE test we will notify you via email.
- Once you have made a purchase place your mouse over My Account and click Purchased Programs.
- Select the appropriate program and click on it. Under heading Downloads (audio files and/or handouts) should be a .zip file. Once you click on it, a file will automatically download to your computer.
- Once you have downloaded the files, you will now need to unzip them from .zip folder.
- Once you have made a purchase place your mouse over My Account and
click Purchased Programs.
- Select the appropriate program and click on it. Under heading Streaming Videos, you should be able to see the program code link. Once you click on the link it will take you to the new page with all the streaming videos for that specific program.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer using the USB cable that came with your device.
- In iTunes, select the app from the list in the File Sharing section.
- Drag and drop files from the Documents list to a folder or window on your computer to copy them to your computer.
You can also select the file or files that you want to copy to your computer from the Documents list and click "Save" then find the folder on your computer to which you want to copy the files and click Save.
Move files by USB
- Unlock your Android device.
- With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
- On your device, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification.
- Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer. Use it to drag files.
- When you're done, eject your device from Windows.
- Unplug the USB cable.
- Right click the ZIP folder and choose Extract All.
- Select the location where you want your extracted files to appear and click Extract. Extracting to the desktop make files easier to find but don’t store them here permanently.
- Your extracted files will now appear on your desktop or in whatever location you chose in step 2.
- Double click the ZIP folder.
- Locate the new contents in the same location as the ZIP folder.