CBT for Insomnia - Fundamentals in an Online Environment AND Sleep Problems in the Pandemic Context
As we acclimatize to life in the middle of a pandemic, clients are encountering more sleep problems. This training will focus on how to provide CBT for Insomnia remotely through online counselling. Colleen Carney’s research in the field of CBT for Insomnia has made this modality one of the most accessible and effective interventions for insomnia available. She will provide step-by-step approaches to helping clients get a better night’s sleep. .
CBT is a brief, highly effective treatment that is easily implemented using telehealth delivery. Learn about assessment, free apps for sleep tracking, and a session by session how-to cover the main components of CBT-I. This webinar will use didactic learning, demonstration, breakout room practice and sleep diary exercises. Dr. Carney is a leading expert in CBT-I, and an energetic speaker with over 20 years experience in training.
All orders include the entire presentation with handouts and a CE test.
Streaming videos and audio downloads will be available immediately after checkout
Mailed CD and DVD formats include the printed handouts and CE test in an attractive portfolio
Objectives - Participants will be able to describe:
- How to conduct a remote assessment of insomnia.
- The three causes of chronic insomnia.
- How to match the main components of CBT-I to the three causes of insomnia.
- How to deliver the treatment rationale interactively with clients.
- How to develop a new sleeping schedule with clients collaboratively, and assess the results.