All orders include the entire presentation with handouts and a CE test.
Streaming videos and audio downloads will be available immediately after checkout
Mailed CD and DVD formats include the printed handouts and CE test in an attractive portfolio
New ethical issues are emerging in this rapidly changing environment of electronic communication and telehealth. However, specific standards do not exist to address these dilemmas. Knowing how to respond to these challenges requires a unique approach to ethical decision making grounded in the overarching ethical principles.
This workshop will focus on the ways in which electronic communication, telehealth, and social media promote or prevent client welfare. Dr. Knauss will present case examples and participants will be encouraged to share their own ethical dilemmas.
Participants will be able to describe:
- How to apply the overarching ethical principles to issues involving electronic communication.
- Issues in electronic communication that promote or prevent client welfare.
- The pros and cons of using social media in psychological practice.
- Ethical decision making skills about electronic communication
Introduction and Confidentiality
- Existing Rules Governing Electronic Communication
- Confidentiality of Therapists and Clients
- What Clients Need to Know
- Internet Policies
Telehealth and Boundaries
- Types of Telehealth
- Boundaries Unique to Electronic Communication
- Legal Issues
- Record Retention
Googling Clients and Mental Health Professionals
- Pros and Cons
- Electronic Footprints
Social Networking and Bullying
- Ethical Decision Making
- Electronic Violence
2.5 CE Ethics