All orders include the entire presentation with handouts and a CE test.
Streaming videos and audio downloads will be available immediately after checkout
Mailed CD and DVD formats include the printed handouts and CE test in an attractive portfolio
Children are susceptible to all the anxiety disorders
seen in adults. The increasing rate of traumas to children
has produced a ìshell-shockedî and anxious generation.
This workshop presents a model for how and why anxiety develops in children and adolescents, and provides practical assessment and treatment strategies that can be applied immediately by healthcare professionals in various settings.
Dr. Foxman will use case examples to address 7 key anxiety disorders: separation anxiety disorder, panic disorder, overanxious disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, social anxiety disorder, phobias, and posttraumatic stress disorder. He will emphasize creative psychotherapeutic interventions involving insightoriented, cognitive-behavioral, biological, mindfulness, and family systems approaches.
Participants will be better able to:
- Use the ìThree Ingredientsî model of how anxiety develops in children
- Recognize the role of family, schools, media, and global events in contributing to anxiety in children
- Describe 7 key anxiety disorders in children
- Apply practical therapy skills and techniques for each anxiety disorder
- Use child interview tips and assessment tools
- Make recommendations to parents and schools to help reduce anxiety in children
- Appreciate the pros and cons of medication (and natureís remedies) for anxiety
Assessment and Interventions
Self-Regulation Skills for Anxious Children
Therapy Strategies and Case Examples
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Therapy Progress Indicators