You are here
February 19, 2021
Dr. Spring requesed we cancel this Webinar.
Order Book With Your Registration
Dr. Spring’s 3rd Edition of her best-selling book After the Affair: Healing the Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner Has Been Unfaithful, (published August 25, 2020) includes new case material.
There is nothing quite like the pain and shock caused when a partner has been unfaithful. The hurt partner often experiences a profound loss of self and falls into a depression that can last for years. For the relationship, infidelity is often a death blow. After the Affair is the first book to help readers survive this crisis.
You may order this text with your registration at a significant discount.
Preorders with your J&K registration include free shipping.
Overview This workshop proposes a radical alternative approach for responding to relationship wounds which allows clients to heal – without forgiving. It will also spell out how forgiveness may be earned.
Is Forgiveness Good for Us? What is Cheap Forgiveness?
· What constitutes healthy versus unhealthy forgiveness?
· Is forgiveness necessary for good health?
· Case illustration of Cheap Forgiveness
Refusing to Forgive: Another Unhealthy Response to Injury
· Psychological and physiological disadvantages of Not Forgiving
· Narcissistic responses to injury
· Case illustration of Not Forgiving
Acceptance: A Radical Alternative
· Strategies for overcoming obsessive ruminations over an injury
· Differentiating getting psychologically and physically healthy from forgiving
· Case illustrations of Acceptance
Genuine Forgiveness: An Intimate Dance
· How can Genuine Forgiveness be earned?
· What constitutes an effective apology?
· Case illustrations of Genuine Forgiveness